How do you know which productivity app to use?
Juggling between multiple tasks and apps may get overwhelming, especially if you use more productivity apps than required. There’s an app for almost everything, but you definitely don’t need all of them. So before you start downloading every app that gets your attention, you must ask yourself one basic question — What apps do you need?
It’s important to identify the kind of tasks you want to automate and in which areas your team needs support. For example, are you struggling to collaborate efficiently? You might want to consider a new collaboration app. Or, is booking a meeting time always a mission with your dispersed team? Try a scheduling app. With the right combination of apps that work for you, you can get hours (hours!) back to focus on managing your team.
In this article, we’ve gathered the top productivity apps and categorized them into the following sections to help you make an easy pick. Instead of spoiling you for choices, we’ve handpicked only the best ones in each category.
Hypercontext empowers managers and their teams to be high-performing by combining goals, meetings and morale in one workflow. With a focus on one-on-ones and team meetings, the app allows teams to set goals, create collaborative meeting agendas, take meeting notes, assign next steps and collect feedback —all in one place.
- Automatically send meeting minutes to all participants post-meeting.
- Get real-time feedback from employees after every meeting so you can gauge engagement and improve meeting quality.
- Set goals and pin them to the top of your meeting agenda to keep your team aligned and meetings focused.
- 500+ conversation starters and agenda templates.
- 180+ goal examples, from professional development to role-specific goals.
Compatible with: Chrome, Slack, Outlook, Zapier, Microsoft Teams
Ps. Get on the waitlist for these integrations coming soon: Zoom, Asana, Jira
Pricing: Hypercontext has a free forever plan, a pro plan which is USD $7/user/month and a business plan that’s USD $11/user/month. Small teams up to 5 can use the starter team pack at USD $5/month total for the first 5 users to join.
Loom allows you to communicate by video asynchronously. With the app you can capture videos from both your screen and your webcam, making it easy to communicate like you’re on a video call — but without the need for an immediate response. It’s a great option when a written message won’t do the trick, but you don’t need to schedule a meeting either.
- Instantly edit your videos so you can easily share.
- Add reactions to the video with emojis and comments.
- Control who sees the video with password protected content.
Compatible with: Chrome, Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
Pricing: Loom has a free forever version, $8 USD business plan, or an enterprise plan which you can contact their sales team about.
If you’re not already using Slack, you’ve likely at least heard of it. Slack is a popular instant messaging app that allows you to send messages to people within your organization. One of the beauties of the app is the ability to streamline conversations into unique channels to keep discussions organized. This app is so popular that Slack is now often used as a verb to describe instant messaging.
- Attach files to messages and easily search for them later.
- Respond to messages within the same thread for less confusion.
- React with emojis to messages.
- Create seperate channels for different conversations to keep everything streamlined.
Compatible with: Google Suite, Asana, Salesforce
Pricing: There’s a basic plan that’s free forever, a pro plan that’s USD $8/user/month and a business+ plan that’s USD $15/user/month.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration and is used by over half of Fortune 100 companies. More than an online whiteboard, MURAL makes it easy for anyone to put their imagination to work through a simple-to-use online space. It’s a great tool to encourage creative brainstorming.
- Choose from more than 200 customizable pre-built templates and frameworks, including brainstorming, design sprints, sales discovery, and retrospectives.
- Create interactive meetings and boost attendee engagement with MURAL’s Facilitation Superpowers.
- Instantly start a voice call inside any mural for spontaneous collaborative sessions with the Quick Talk feature.
Compatible with: Adobe, Google Calendar, Webex, Slack, OneDrive
Pricing: MURAL has a new free forever version for up to 5 murals, a team+ plan for USD $9.99/user/month and a business plan for USD $17.99/user/month. Plus, you can get a free 30-day trial for all their plans.
Brosix is a private instant messenger with security and efficient collaboration at its heart. Brosix gives teams full administrative control over their own private instant messaging networks. This helps teams stay focused and keeps their data secure.
- Collaborate in a way that works for you with features like text, video, and audio chat, screen sharing, and remote desktop.
- Set security levels for specific data on your network.
- Transfer necessary files with no limit on file size.
- Customize your Brosix with your company colors and logo.
Compatible with: Integrately
Pricing: Brosix has a free plan for small teams of up to 3 users. The paid plans start from USD $4/user/month.
Process Street is the modern process management platform for teams. It’s like driving with Google maps versus a paper map. Every team has recurring processes. You know, those things you have written down and stashed in random docs, people’s heads, and that filing cabinet no one has a key for? Process Street transforms those processes into interactive, no-code workflows that are stored in a single, central location.
- Capture and organize all of your operational knowledge and SOPs with Pages, which allow standalone documentation to live side-by-side with your interactive workflows.
- Add the complete functionality of Process Street workflows to your Slack workspace with the Slack App and get more done with less effort!
- Integrate your workflows with Salesforce, DocuSign, and others with Process Street’s first-party integrations, plus thousands of additional apps through Zapier.
- Build workflows with conditional logic to create branching pathways that allow your processes to stay dynamic, flexible, and adaptable – no matter what the situation.
- Guest users allow you to keep your important data secure while collaborating with external colleagues. Guest users only see what you want when you want.
Compatible with: Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, Google Sheets, Jira, DocuSign
Pricing: Freemium version with access to all features, unlimited free team members, and up to 5 active workflow runs; $25 per user per month for the Pro plan; a custom Enterprise plan with personalized onboarding, training, and a dedicated Success Manager.
To-do list apps
Todoist is an award-winning task management app that helps people stay on top of their deadlines and enhance their productivity. The product is flexible, easily customizable, and designed in a way that the users can categorize, sort, and prioritize to-dos in both their personal and work life.
- Turn your emails into to-do tasks.
- Copy and paste multiple lines of text into the app, which will be transofrmed into tasks.
- Customize the swipe gestures for the app.
- Sort and group the tasks based on the person assigned to do them.
Compatible with: Google Suite, Slack, Zapier, IFTTT
Pricing: There’s a free plan for 5 active projects and paid plans start from USD $3/month (when billed annually).