For companies with a fleet, no matter the size, knowing where your vehicles are, when they require maintenance, and how to reduce travel time and fuel costs is critical to your bottom line. Fleet tracking software systems give you the visibility you need to track and manage your fleet efficiently while streamlining your operations, reducing costs, and increasing revenue. A few years ago, fleet tracking was an expensive investment only made by enterprises; today, there is fleet tracking software suitable for companies and fleets of just about any size. We have rounded up the top fleet tracking software available today to help you save time and money and increase customer satisfaction.
Our top picks for fleet tracking software solutions and systems deliver the fleet intelligence your business needs. Many of our top picks are customizable and include the features you need to keep your costs low and your revenue high. Many also offer fleet tracking apps for your smartphone. No matter which fleet tracking system you choose, you will get the real-time visibility you need to keep your fleet in top shape and your operation running smoothly. Please note, we have listed our 50 top fleet tracking software solutions and systems here, in no particular order.
1. GPS Insight Tracking Solution
GPS Insight offers GPS fleet tracking and E-Log solutions that provide powerful fleet intelligence for businesses. GPS Insight is available for small businesses as well as mid-size companies to enterprises. When you choose the GPS Insight Tracking Solution, you will appreciate the software’s benefits and features that solve your costly business challenges.
- Real-time fleet visibility
- Control idling, speeding, unauthorized use, and maintenance schedules
- Increase overall efficiency and productivity
- Automate electronic reporting to eliminate time-consuming paperwork
- Improve réponse times, give better ETAs, and prove job completion to enhance customer service
- Ensure quick theft recovery by knowing when vehicles or assets are being stolen
- GPS Insight Standard, for small fleets of 1-25 vehicles: Contact for a quote
- GPS Insight Pro, for businesses with 26 or more vehicles: Contact for a quote
- GPS Insight Enterprise, for large fleets of more than 500 vehicles: Contact for a quote
2. Fleet Maintenance Programs by ManagerPlus
ManagerPlus maintenance software is easy to use and helps companies manage assets and increase their ROI while reducing costs of operation. Their fleet maintenance programs enable you manage you fleet and equipment more effectively by handling an unlimited number of preventive maintenance schedules for every vehicle in your fleet.
- Monitor and track maintenance for vehicles and their subsystems
- Detect early signs of equipment and vehicle fatigue
- Monitors performance based on fuel and/or oil consumption
- Spot potential issues before they become serious problems
- Automatically creates work orders for preventive fleet maintenance and documents activities to help you analyze trends and detect a pattern of problems
- Monitor maintenance by odometer, hours, days, calendar dates, days of the week, or tire depth
Cost: Contact for a quote
3. Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR
Teletrac Navman is a leading provider of web-based GPS fleet tracking and automation solutions. Teletrac Navman tracks more than a half million vehicles and assets around the world, and their DIRECTOR solution helps businesses direct their fleet and mobile workforces using a single platform. This fleet management and GPS fleet tracking solution drives efficiency for more than 40,000 businesses around the globe.
- Maximizes productivity to help industries better serve customers
- Adapts to the needs of fleets of any size
- Reduce operational complexity and increase overall revenue
- Leverage the technology that already exists in your vehicles
- 24/7 access to data to help users make insightful decisions quickly with minimal risk
- Mapping, routing, vehicle analytics, connected workflow, and much more
Cost: Contact for a quote
ClearPathGPS gives businesses a GPS fleet tracking solution with full control. This easy-to-use web-based software includes free mobile apps for iOS and Android devices and includes full-service installation and onsite support. Businesses love ClearPathGPS because it requires no contracts.
- 30-second updates with Verizon reliability
- Flexible hardware purchase options
- Professionally installed and fully warrantied
- Suspend service any time
- Increase productivity, reduce your risk, control labor expenses, and track maintenance
- Standard Subscription: $20/month
- Pro Add On: $5/month
5. Agile FleetCommander
Agile FleetCommander is fleet tracking software for managing your fleet, regardless of its size. FleetCommander is the solution for sharing vehicles, analyzing vehicle utilization, managing vehicles, and getting your fleet the perfect size.
- Simplifies fleet management and tracking
- Track maintenance, fuel, accidents, and more
- Maintenance dashboard automatically updates and provides a summary of maintenance activities
- Click on any piece of information in the maintenance dashboard and FleetCommander drills down and provides you with even more information, preventive maintenance tasks, repairs, parts, labor, and more
- Automated maintenance reminders can be sent to a variety of people
- Reports help you spot trends, costs, and strengths and weaknesses in your maintenance program
Cost: Contact for a quote
Azuga empowers fleet managers and businesses to track vehicles, driver scores, rewards, diagnostics, maintenance needs, and much more. Powerful and easy to use, Azuga reduces fuel, repairs, and premium costs. Azuga is a fleet tracking system that covers everything from instant-install OBD plug-in devices to cloud-based software complete with smartphone apps.
- Unique driver rewards program
- Improves decision making by providing more accurate information
- Captures vehicle data up to 10 times more frequently than other fleet tracking software
- No termination fees
- Mobile app shows drivers real-time safety scores and rewards high-performing drivers with major-brand gift cards that can be delivered directly to their smartphones
- Reduces distracted driving and enables managers to monitor texting and calling while in motion
- Top-rated GPS tracking and monitoring provider delivers data, history, averages, and alarms on speeding, hard braking, hard acceleration, excessive idling, and other safety and performance indicators
Cost: FREE trial available; Contact for a quote
A modern, web-based fleet management platform, Fleetio makes it simple to manage and track vehicles and equipment from anywhere. This software solution makes tracking, analyzing, and improving fleet operations more manageable, regardless of the size of your fleet. Fleetio offers two products: Fleetio Manage and Fleetio Drive. Fleetio Manage is an all-in-one fleet management software for fleets of all sizes that is made for collaboration with built-in automation and a mobile-first design, while Fleetio Drive is a smartphone-baed GPS tracking and driver behavior scoring system.
- Software built to support integrations
- Fleetio iterates quickly with software updates
- Mobile-first approach to fleet tracking
Cost: FREE trials available
- Fleetio Manage
- Pro Plan: $3/asset/month billed annually
- Advanced Plan: $5/asset/month billed annually
- Fleetio Drive
- Pro Plan: $8/driver/month
- Advanced Plan: Coming soon
Geotab is an award-winning provider of secure open platform telematics technology that helps fleet managers improve productivity, driver safety, and compliance via Big Data. Their MyGeotab is a web-based fleet management software that delivers vehicle and driver information in one place for making better business decisions.
- Scalable for fleets of all sizes
- Powerful tools for generating new opportunities for growth and savings
- Eliminates the complexity associated with data collection and transforms it into useful actionable information for businesses
- Vehicle tracking incorporates a rules feature to assist fleet managers in measuring events in five core area: productivity, safety, fleet optimization, compliance, and expandability
- Advanced reporting, driver behavior management, robust engine data reporting, GPS vehicle tracking, route optimization, engine health and maintenance, and much more
Cost: Contact for a quote